Wednesday, March 21, 2007

And on the farm he had a cow...

On the invitations, you'll notice that Jen's dad, Don, is hosting the wedding on his farm. There are no expansive fields of wheat, but the farm consists of 30 acres of beautiful pastures, gardens, and rolling hills. Right now, the farm boasts a variety of domestic animals: four horses (including the newest edition to the Mosley family, Rose born in February), a small herd of cows (one is expecting and should deliver a calf soon), and a flock of chickens (including a small flock of chicks). From the farm, you can often see some wild animals as well, mostly birds like goldfinches and hummingbirds, some blackbirds and crows, and occasionally an owl or two. Small lizards and snakes are common. At night, the bats come out.

2 comments:

blacktanktops said...

I was going to write oh my goodness... those chicks are so adorable I could just eat them right up!!! But then... I thought... wait a minute... those crazy vegans might take me seriously... just to clarify... I meant it the same way you'd say you want to eat a baby's foot or bite a puppy's nose off. You know what I mean?!?!

Jamul Mike said...

"eat a baby's foot"? "bite a puppy's nose"? I suggest we get her drunk and let 'er run wild.